Our purpose is to spread the Good News.
We do this locally, regionally, and beyond with our prayers, our gifts, and our service. We coordinate mission activities within our church; evaluate programs to assure that they meet the mission and vision of our church; educate; and seek new opportunities to be in mission. We take seriously John Wesley’s words, “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all the people you can. As long as ever you can.”
FUMCMC provides overnight housing for identified families in need. This support is offered four times a year for a week’s duration. Ways to help this group:
- Provide financial support directly to Ft. Bend Family Promise
- Provide an evening meal
- Assist with set up and breakdown of beds in specific classrooms at FUMCMC
- Donate snacks
- Wash used linens and return to FUMCMC
- Be an overnight host
- Donate funds to FUMCMC for unexpected needs
(new beds, linens, etc.)
CONTACT Janie & Mike Wilde
FUMCMC supports Armstrong Elementary by providing volunteers and supplies for various school programs. Ways to help:
- Become a Reading Buddy
- Volunteer at school
- Participate in teacher appreciation events
CONTACT Marie Abbott
Mission is to empower diverse faith communities to care for families and children navigating the foster care system so that NO Child Will Be Left to Navigate Life Alone.
Contact Amy Bezecny
Collect donations of basic supplies to make boxes for ship personnel docked at the Port of Houston Seafarer Center.
- Donate $20 per box
- Assist preparing boxes
- Assist with Christmas wrapping of boxes
- Assist with delivery to port
CONTACT Judy Belt
This ministry distributes food, clothing, and household items to families in need. They also have a resale shop which accepts donations. There are many ways you can help:
- Assist in filling the food boxes for families in need
- Assist in loading food boxes into cars
- Help with the purchase of fresh food items for families
- Collect and take donated food items from the church collection box to Food Pantry each week
- Assist loading Pantry truck with donations at holiday times
- Donate funds to EFBHNM
Contact JERRY MARTIN
Our church sponsors a blood drive FIVE TIMES a year on Sundays from 8:30am – 1pm. Ways to help:
- Donate blood
- Bring snacks
- Assist with triage of potential donors
- Help with directing donors through the process
Contact BOB COLTHARP
This group makes dresses, shorts, and pants to send to Armstrong Elementary School and around the world to children in need. We meet on Wednesdays, 1-3pm. Assist with cutting fabric and sewing.
CONTACT Judy Belt
A work mission trip to Rio Bravo, North Mexico; providing school supplies along with prayer for their ministry.
More details later from Denise Lloyd.
One of the principal rules of religion is, to lose no occasion of serving God. And, since he is invisible to our eyes, we are to serve him in our neighbour; which he receives as if done to himself in person, standing visibly before us.