Dear FUMCMC Family,
The past eight months have taught us so much – about ourselves, about our families, and about God. One of the greatest takeaways I have from this time is that what we always knew about church is indeed true: church is not the building, church is the people. The building is important because it allows the people to gather, but we have not been stopped from being the church because we’ve been out of the building.
However, we also know that being together is important! So, we’re excited to begin in-person worship again on November 8 at 10:30 in the sanctuary. We are committed to creating an environment that meets both government and local medical recommendations for safety, which is why we have redesigned our service to provide a touchless experience that allows for social distancing.
There are a few important things to note:
- If you don’t feel well or have been around someone exposed to or diagnosed with Covid-19, please stay home and worship online.
- Each week you will need to make a reservation to attend the service by filling out our online reservation form or calling the church office: 281.499.3502.
- Please wear your mask at all times while in the building. If you don’t have a mask, we will provide one.
- Social distancing is observed throughout the building and in the pews.
- Ushers will seat you in the pews. We will use every other row and at the end of the service, the ushers will dismiss starting at the back of the sanctuary.
- We will encourage people to visit together outside in the fresh air.
- Sunday School and children’s programming are not meeting on campus at this time.
- No food or beverages will be allowed in the building, since you have to remove your mask to consume them. Water fountains are closed.
- No offering plates will be passed. Instead, those wishing to give can utilize the offering boxes at the exit or continue to give online.
At this time, FUMCMC Kids’ and Nursery will not be available in person. Children are always welcome in worship, and we encourage you to come together as a family. Everyone over the age of 2 is required to wear a mask while in the building. We also continue to offer FUMCMC Kids on Facebook and Youtube at 9:15 am Sundays.
Sunday School classes and small groups will continue to meet online for the time-being.
It will look a little different than it used to, and we know that our online worship services will continue to be the primary way that we worship together at FUMCMC. Our hospitality team, trustees, and staff are working hard to make this as seamless a transition as possible, and we will need your help to do so!
I am excited to welcome you back to in-person worship, even if it will be different than we remembered. Whether you worship in person on November 8 or continue to worship online, FUMCMC wants to be for you the community where you experience the love of God and leave empowered to share that love with the world.
I’ll see you Sunday.